MPO 3D Converter
MPO Tool is a nice, little piece of software for splitting and converting MPO 3D photos. It is written in python2.7 (because there is no Python Imaging Library for Python3 yet) and GTK+3 (via GObject-Introspection).
I wrote it, because there was no linux-software available for what I wanted to do.
- Convert MPO to JPS (crossview/parallel)
- Split MPO to L/R JPEG
- Convert MPO to Anaglyph JPEG
- fix corrupted MPO (move comment with ExifTool)
Dependencies (Ubuntu/Debian Linux and others):
- Python 2.7 (
- GTK+ (
- ExifTool (
- PIL (
Usage / Install:
Using MPO Tool is easy and straight-forward. Just download the Tarball, unpack it and start the mpo-tool-gui.py file. It is recommended that you start it in a terminal, because the progressbar does not work yet.
A setup.py and Debian-Package will be available soon. But the tarball will do as well.
Click the Help-Button if further information is required.
- Anaglyph Viewer for better Parallax-Correction
License:MPO Tool is OpenSource Software and free of use, distribution and charge. Is is licensed under GPLv3.0
Changelog:MPO Tool 0.6.0 releaser, 2013-02-28
- Parallax Adjustment Tool for viewing MPO 3D files in anaglyph mode and adjusting parallax value
- saving parallax value to MPO file does not work yet
MPO Tool 0.5.7 released, 2013-02-25
- parallax correction for target files
- slightly faster
- everything works fine now